We are AMS. We are a global total workforce solutions firm; we enable organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) is one of our service offerings; we act as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provide professional interim and temporary resources.
Our investment banking client has been present in the UK for more than 150 years, they're a long-term partner to British business. Today, the Group is formed of 10 divisions and employs 9,300 staff based in 21 core locations right across the country. Their role is simply stated: help clients achieve their goals by combining local know-how and global reach. In so doing, they seek to make a positive, sustainable contribution to both the UK economy and society.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Derivatives/ Trade Oversight Specialist for a 6 months contract based in Glasgow or Dundee on a 50/50 hybrid basis.
Purpose of the Role:
This is a maternity cover role based in the Middle Office - the core function is to provide administrative activities to support core clients. Most of the team are in Mumbai so this role entails oversight for these colleagues. The team is responsible for the end to end trade lifecycle of Derivative instruments for UK and overseas investments. Product types include ETC's CFD's and OTD. Supporting the UK Manager of Derivatives Oversight, the team ensures trades are captured, matched and settled, ensuring that service delivery from Mumbai meets FCA regulations.
As a Derivatives / Trades Oversight Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Dealing with client calls, queries, escalations, reconciliations and oversight.
- Dealing with custodian and broker relationships (5 in total) and the NAV team for urgent queries.
- Processing trades and resolution of stock and cash reconciliation breaks.
- Reporting on trades.
What we require from the candidate:
- Knowledge of how the end to end trade lifecycle works with experience of processing, reporting and reconciliations.
- ETD and CFD knowledge is essential and a limited amount of derivatives experience is acceptable if you understand the trade lifecycle
- You will need oversight experience within the trade lifecycle space.
- Client facing and international relationship experience is ideal.
- Middle office experience is essential.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
This client will only accept workers operating via an Umbrella or PAYE engagement model.
AMS, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.