DDaT Functional Community Senior Manager - Inside IR35
Contract Term: 6 months
Contracting Authority: The Cabinet Office
A part of the Cabinet Office, the Central Digital and Data Office leads the digital, data and technology (DDaT) function for government. We put the right conditions in place to achieve digital, data and technology transformation at scale by working with departments, and other government functions like commercial, project delivery and security professionals.
The DDAT team are currently recruiting for two Functional Community Senior Managers (Inside IR35) and one Functional Community Lead on 6-month contracts. This will include a hybrid mix of working at home and working in London offices depending on business needs.
As a DDat Functional Community Senior Manager, your main responsibilities would be to:
* Support the Functional Community Lead with engaging the DDaT community in the new cross-government strategy: Transforming for a digital future.
* Lead on the design, delivery and continuous evaluation of a key strand of the Functional community strategy and plan, producing or coordinating the creation of accessible content and narratives with impact. Ensure reporting of delivery against the strategy to senior leaders in CDDO.
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across government to agree and align on shared messaging for DDaT as well as gain buy-in for ongoing engagement with the DDaT strategy.
* Work with the wider CDDO colleagues to ensure all activities have robust plans which align to the communications strategy. Manage short term planning and triage incoming requests for support for new or emerging priorities.
* Deliver key work as part of the strategy, including content, press, social media, events and audience analysis.
* Support with managing press enquiries on behalf of CDDO.
This role requires:
* An experienced professional with knowledge and understanding of how to plan communications or engagement activity using clear frameworks.
* Knowledge of the communications matrix used within the Government communications service.
* High level writing and editing skills with an understanding of different types of content that can be used for different purposes.
* You to have extensive and demonstrable experience in delivering and measuring efficacy of communications activity.
* The ability to be able to grasp a variety of fast moving, often nuanced and complex policies quickly and effectively.
* Experience managing risks and issues in relation to communications, spitting inconsistencies and assessing reputational impact of content.
* You to cope comfortably with ambiguity and thrive on being creative and innovative
* Experience working with external agencies to deliver.
* Experience of managing a wide range of stakeholders and their competing priorities.
In applying for this role, you acknowledge the following "this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different."
Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not Overseas.
If you have any further questions about the role please contact .