Data Terminology Advisor Inside IR35
Contract Term: 9 months (Part-time contract)
Contracting Authority: NHS England
Location: Remote with occasional travel
The role will be expected to provide subject matter expertise as an advisory consultant to enhance NHS England's position as commissioner in relation to a project developing a Social Care Terminology Minimum Viable Product. The primary aim of the project is to standardise existing terminology resources for social care and prioritised terminology. The successful delivery of the project would support the delivery of NHS Transformation Directorate health and care integration and transformation and put in place the systems for access and the process to maintain it, so that it can be accessed on a free to use basis so that standards can be developed and updated across the sector.
Imagine having a talent that could benefit someone you've never met and solve problems you didn't even know existed. Well, you do, and you can. And we're here to help you do just that. At PSR we are the go-to place for talented contractors and temps for a rich variety of public sector roles.
As a Data Terminology Advisor your main responsibilities would be to:
- Advisory support on the Social Care Terminology work being undertaken by the incumbent provider. Specifically, to advise on the development, publishing and provision of open access to a Social Care Terminology Standard and controlled vocabularies. This will support and underpin the data and interoperability requirements for a wide range of system-wide programmes.
- Technical advice on the developments being undertaken and the wider impact on linked Adult Social Care delivery.
- Providing a holistic view of the interoperability and data standards that are relevant to social care;
- Providing Knowledge of the gaps in interoperability and data standards in social care.
- Stakeholder engagement and dependency mapping to ensure the work undertaken by the incumbent and overall outputs meet our needs and the needs of the wider care sector.
You'll have relevant experience in:
- SNOMED CT
- NHS Data Dictionary
- An understanding of interoperability and data standards (in both health and care), including on how information standards are developed, consulted on and published;
- Advising similar projects in both the health and care sectors, with particular knowledge of social care and related digitalisation activity;
- Programme management, policy development, stakeholder engagement, technical architecture and terminology vocabulary, and technical product management.
- Knowledge of the nuances surrounding Information Governance, the potential implications on terminology development and how to ensure appropriate compliance."
If this role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click the link to apply or email .
"In applying for this role you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment, and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different."
Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not Overseas.