Our client, United Utilities , is looking to recruit a Customer Support Technician the role will be based at their Rochdale site.
The Customer Support Technician role forms part of the Wastewater Network Team. This is a field based role, devised to drive the resolution of issues on the public sewerage network. You will predominantly be dealing face to face with customers at their property, investigating drainage problems and applying the correct techniques to resolve problems on the Wastewater Network. The Customer Support Technician is responsible for collecting data and producing an on-site report using United Utilities corporate IT systems, for each incident you attend. You will be the face of United Utilities, providing excellent Customer Service often in difficult circumstances and all weathers.
You will be required to work a rotating 10 hour shift pattern which averages 37 hours per week Monday to Sunday, the shifts cover the period from 0800 to 22:00
* On-site assessment of customer problems and initiation of remedial work.
* Provide excellent customer service
* Responsible for the health and safety on-site
* Driving first time resolution of customer issues
* Keeping customers informed and managing customer expectations
* Collecting information and data from site and producing reports of a high quality
* Capturing regulatory data on corporate IT systems
* Updating sewer maps.
Knowledge and Skills
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have achieved at least 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths and English. You will be able to demonstrate empathy in difficult situations and have excellent interpersonal skills. You will also have:
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, across all levels.
* IT literate.
* Excellent Customer Service skills.
* Excellent organisation and time management skills.
* Ability to prioritise and think clearly whilst under pressure.
* Able to demonstrate logical problem solving skills.
* Mobile across a wide network area.
* Full UK Driving License.
* Ability to work under own initiative.
* Able to co-ordinate the involvement of others to resolve issues. (3rd party contractors)
* Produce clear and legible data which is able to withstand regulatory scrutiny.
* Able to set realistic timescales and manage customer expectations effectively.
* Knowledge and understanding of problems faced within Wastewater Network Operations.
* Knowledge of wastewater networks
* NVQ Level 3 in Customer Care.
Should your application be successful, and you are offered the role, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any assignment offer with our client will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from Disclosure Barring Service.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Resource acting as an employment business.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.