Job title: COSHH Support
Job Type: Contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Start date: Immediate
Duration: Up to Dec 2022 (Extension possible beyond this)
Pay rate: £15.70 P/H PAYE
Hours of work: 3 days per week (flexible 22.2 hours per week)
Our Client, a leader in Nuclear Generation have a requirement for COSHH Support team member, working on a part time basis from their offices in Gloucester. Working in the Chemistry Support team you will be helping maintain COSHH assessments to support changes in station practices, chemical classification and HSE recommendations. The work is key to maintaining the safe operation of Nuclear Generation sites.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate of the following skills/experience:
* Experience and understanding of COSHH (Control of substances hazardous to health)
* A minimum of A Level or equivalent in Chemistry
* Excellent MS Office skills
* Previous experience working in an industrial chemistry or laboratory environment would be desirable
* An understanding of MSDS (Materials Safety Data Sheets)
* Support the entry of data into MSDS modules and categorize this to the aligned data
* Oversight of potential changes in classification of chemicals relevant to the business
* Assist with the review of station chemical inventories
* Document working methods relating to chemical safety activities
* Highlight at risk products and support the identification of alternatives
* Support the development of replacement strategies for high hazard chemicals at risk for future restrictions
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment business
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.