To ensure all visitors contacting the Museum by either phone or e-mail are provided with an excellent standard of customer service.
Answer all switchboard calls and e-mails politely and professionally (internal/external).
Deal with complaints or enquiries in a pro-active and timely manner.
Compile clear and well-mannered typed responses to emails and letters.
To follow up lost property enquiries in a secure and timely manner.
Become fully aware of the Museum's entire offer (facilities, events, exhibitions, retail products, educational activities etc.)
To take bookings over the phone in a friendly and polite manner.
To process, amend and refund all ticketed events through EPOS systems (currently Galaxy) accurately and following standard procedures. This includes events scheduled under our learning offer.
To process, amend and refund e-shop related queries through Magento. In some cases liaising with external suppliers.
To aim to increase revenue by upselling events, retail products, promoting Gift Aid, Donations and Membership.
To build and maintain good relationships with other teams across the museum and to work in collaboration for the overall success of the museum and its mission.
To fulfil all administrative duties for the contact centre; paperwork and payment processing (BACs, cheque, card etc.)
- Experience of delivering outstanding customer service
- Evidence of being highly organised with effective time management
- Experience of promoting, advocating or upselling products or services
- Ability to familiarise yourself with technical systems e.g. phone, ticketing
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of a second language would be desirable.
- Communicates clearly to visitors, staff, peers and managers
- Empathetic listening skills
- Use of Microsoft Office software (primarily Outlook, Excel & Word)
- Experience of working and interacting with diverse groups
- (Desirable) Experience of working in a call centre for a high-footfall operation.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Essanjo Jorge
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.