We have an excellent opportunity for a Communications Officer to join the brand, digital and marketing team at United Utilities on a 7-month contract initially. As a Communications Officer you will primarily support the team to deliver timely and accurate communications to encourage customers to save water. We're looking for someone to really understand what customers need and how UU can help them.
Part of the role will be to support with new customer acquisition and retention to UU's water saving digital platform called Get Water Fit. There are currently around 107,000 customers signed up and using the platform. Get Water Fit is managed by an external supplier and users subscribe by answering a number of questions relating to how much water they use in and around the home. In exchange for this information, the user receives free water efficiency devices that they can install in their home to reduce the amount of water they use, potentially saving them money on their water and energy bills
This role involves working with the external supplier to ensure that UU have enough stock to fulfil orders of the water saving devices and manage different peaks throughout the year, e.g., when promoting seasonal items during promotional periods in the year.
The information UU receive back from customers who have signed up to Get Water Fit gives an insight into how they use water in their home and if they have leaks. This role will include building a relationship with these customers to help them to save even more water by thinking about changing how they use water or by fixing leaks.
* You will be marketing 'Get Water Fit' through different communications channels to acquire new customers - this could be though advertising, social media or by email.
* It's likely you will also get involved in integrated above and below the line communications so good knowledge of above the line channels would be a bonus.
* The role also involves organising and attending events and arranging for water saving messages and devices to be available at those events.
* You will be managing ad-hoc requests for devices, e.g., for water audits, school's visits and employee requests.
* Budget support and raising of purchase orders and keeping track of spend will also be required.
* Reporting- you will be required to conduct monthly water efficiency reports with Get Water Fit statistics, registrations, device orders, charity allocation and distribution, events, social media, home learning, education stats, internal engagement.
Knowledge and Skills
* Communications experience/qualification
* Data literate and direct mail/email marketing experience would be useful
* Excellent organisational and time management skills
* Proof-reading, attention to detail, excellent co-ordination skills, ability to handle multiple mailshots/eshots
* Flexible and adaptable
* Methodical, skilled at writing comms materials in a friendly and warm tone of voice
* Contentious and level-headed
* Strong customer focus
* Ability to communicate with colleagues and suppliers
This role will be working Monday - Friday 37 hours per week.
This is a hybrid role working a minimum of 2 days per week in the office (subject to change)
The base location is Lingley Mere Business Park, Great Sankey, Warrington, WA5 3LP.
PLEASE NOTE: Should your application be successful, and you are offered the role, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any assignment offer with our client will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from Disclosure Barring Service and a credit check.
This temporary vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.