Cloud DevOps Engineer Inside IR35
Contract Term: 6 months
Contracting Authority: Department for Transport
Transport matters and what we do at the Department for Transport matters. Click here to find out more about working for DfT and its agencies. We are different people, one team.
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer, your main responsibilities would be:
* Identifying and taking forward opportunities for Digital service and business changes as part of Scrum Continuous improvement cycles.
* Being an active and visible part of the scrum team contributing to their success.
* Contributing to the analysis, design and implementation of technical solutions to enable the automation, deployment and operation of significant cloud infrastructure taking a value-based approach to prioritisation.
* Build solutions as part of a Scrum team that meet the user requirements taking ownership of the journey to live
* Complete technical tasks from initial concept through to delivery to the production environment.
* Collaborate with Platform Team Lead and Scrum Masters to help shape delivery plans, ensuring technical risks and issues are communicated and reported in a timely manner.
* Work closely with the application development team members and ensuring that path-to-live is managed effectively and pre-production environments are fit for purpose.
You'll have relevant experience in:
* Strong Linux administration expertise (particularly Amazon Linux distributions)
* AWS (preferably with large scale deployment experience but this is not essential)
* Working with configuration management tooling (Puppet preferred)
* Jenkins for continuous integration
* Demonstratable experience/knowledge of Hashicorp suites (Terraform is critical)
* Python, groovy comprehension desirable (willingness to develop skills as well as other languages would be beneficial)
* Working within scrum team as part of an agile delivery
* Working with and managing integrations to Gitlab, Github and CodeCommit
* Administering common open-source databases e.g., MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, etc
* Good familiarity with common network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, etc
* Good exposure to common network technologies e.g., Firewalls, switching, MPLS, DNS
* Strong collaborative behaviours and the ability to work in mixed discipline teams
If this role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click the link to apply or email .
"In applying for this role you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment, and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different."
Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not Overseas.