Job Title: Civil Superintendent
Job Type: Contract
IR35 Status: Inside IR35
Start Date: July 2022
Duration: June 2023 (possibility for extension for 2-3 months)
Hours of work: 40-60 hours per week
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Recent EPC experience in the oil & gas construction sector in a similar site leadership role.
- Must have recent experience of civil and structural steel works on brownfield construction projects.
- Temporary Works Coordinator experience on UK projects is very desirable.
- Minimum HNC Civil Engineering.
- Minimum SSSTS or equivalent and up to date
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Construction Manager.
- Ensures that their discipline related work is carried out in a safe manner by the contractor(s) and that the contractor(s) comply with all Ineos Kinneil FPS and Project safety procedures.
- Attends all required safety training / inductions and will ensure that these are maintained up to date.
- Attends contractor(s) pre-start meetings and toolbox talks and is a safety leader for site.
- Has oversight of the Control & Instrument contractor(s) at site and will review the resource requirements and progress with the contractor(s).
- Ensures that contractor work packs have the correct content, that risk assessments and method statements are appropriate for the works and that the contractor(s) applies for permits in line with the Ineos control of work requirements.
- Co-ordinates the site construction activities related to their discipline with the contractor(s) and other discipline work in the same area.
- Co-ordinates with Ineos at site on their discipline related construction matters while keeping the Construction manager informed.
- Attends co-ordination meetings on an as required basis with all construction supervisory staff.
- Drives productivity at site.
- Ensures Contractor's compliance with all Quality Plans, Procedures, Inspection and Test Plans.
- Attends Inspection and Test Plan intervention points for witness and sign off as a representative of Kent to ensure that works are completed in compliance with the project specifications and drawings.
- Performs QC surveillance of Control & Instrumentation Contractor's works.
- Attends Quality Audits of Control & Instrument works at the request of the Kent Quality Engineer.
- Ensures that non-conformance Reports issued by KENT with respect to Control & Instrument works are closed out promptly.
- Will have oversight of the preparation of system completion documents by Contractor and will support the Systems Completions & Commissioning group in all of their activities.
- Ensures that construction change management information is communicated to the Project controls in a timely manner.
- Ensure that engineering procedures are followed for the management of Technical and Engineering Queries.
- Ensures that Technical Queries and Technical Deviations are forwarded to Kent Engineering
- for review and comment.
- Ensures that all Field Design Modifications (FDM's) and Contract Engineering Data Sheets (CED's) are recorded and processed correctly and reviewed by Kent Engineering.
- Ensures that all approved modifications to the Works are recorded on 'as-built' drawings by the Contractor.
- Reviews all drawings, specifications, work instructions, materials and equipment availability applicable to their area of work. Ensures that the work programme for their area is carried out in accordance with the overall planning schedule and advise on specific areas where this must be adjusted in accordance with site conditions and materials deliveries.
- Review weekly progress against contractual plan and comment on any measures suggested by Contractor to improve progress.
- Provides timely progress updates to planner/project controls and prepares input to the daily and weekly Construction Report as applicable.
- Maintains a daily site diary and maintains a record of significant events and delays to the works.
- Participates in the review of technical submissions from Vendors and Contractors to assess their capability for meeting the delivery of the Control & Instrumentation scope of work.
- Performs any other activities as assigned by the Construction Manager.
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This contract vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.