Do you love to help people and are looking for a new challenge? If you are this may be the perfect role for you!
Location: Fairlight, Hastings (driver preferred but not essential as car share is an option for the right candidate)
Pay Rate: £10.75ph
- Enhanced evening and weekend pay at an additional 50p per hour (Ts & Cs apply)
- Premium overtime rates at an additional £1 per hour (Ts & Cs apply)"
Hours: 7:00am-2:30pm, 2:00pm-9:30pm & Waking Night Shift (9:30pm-7:00am)
About this Job -
Voyage Care are looking for a support worker with a passion for delivering outstanding care. Experience is preferred but not necessary as we have an outstanding training programme and induction should you be successful.
You will be working 37.5 hours per week (7.5 - 14-hour shifts including a mixture of days, nights and weekends) making a positive difference to the lives of the people in our care at Mountain Ash. As some of our residents are wheelchair users, personal care is involved. This registered service supports up to 10 individuals with complex needs within the home and local community.
As a Support Worker you will be assisting them to lead independent and fulfilling lives; the people we support are at the heart of all we do. A big part of your role will be supporting people to do their favourite things and try new activities. We ensure they reach their full potential - and of course we'll make sure that you reach yours.
Voyage Care is a sector leading provider, with over 30 years' experience of specialist care and support. We support over 3,500 people with learning disabilities, autism, brain injuries and other complex needs across the UK.
What qualities and attributes are we looking for?
- Genuine desire to make a positive difference in people's lives
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good team player
- Ability to provide a trusting and stimulating environment
- Passionate about empowering service user's independence
Our colleagues are amazing and make a difference to people's lives every day. We recognise their hard work and dedication by offering a rewarding pay and benefits package alongside our fulfilling roles. This includes:
- Enhanced evening, weekend and overtime pay
- Pay increases between roles
- Employee discount app and funded Blue Light discount card
- Enhanced family leave
- Free 24/7 external counselling service
- Access to external Wagestream app
- Paid training, inductions, DBS checks and qualifications
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Long service awards
- Refer a friend bonuses
You'll join the team working on a rota that includes early, late, weekend, night and Bank Holiday shifts. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a motivated and determined team. So, make a great career move.
Click Apply to complete our one-page application………All applications & CV's received are reviewed on a daily basis.
"COVID19 safety is important to us all, we support our staff and the people we support to stay safe by wearing correct PPE, including Type IIR Fluid Resistant Surgical Masks (FRSM), aprons and gloves at all times. We have a in-house team that ensures that all of our services have plenty of PPE at all times. All care and support is carried out following the latest Government guidance. Our aim is to keep you and the people we support safe."
Here at Voyage Care we like to EMPOWER each other, work TOGETHER, continue to be HONEST, to lead in OUTSTANDING quality and always be SUPPORTIVE.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
** Should your employment with Voyage Care terminate for any reason within the first 3 months of your employment start date, the full cost of the DBS will be repayable back to us. Deducted from your final salary
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010