We are AMS. We are a global total workforce solutions firm; we enable organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) is one of our service offerings; we act as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provide professional interim and temporary resources.
Our investment banking client has been present in the UK for more than 150 years, they're a long-term partner to British business. Today, the Group is formed of 10 divisions and employs 9,300 staff based in 21 core locations right across the country. Their role is simply stated: help clients achieve their goals by combining local know-how and global reach. In so doing, they seek to make a positive, sustainable contribution to both the UK economy and society.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a C++ / C# Developer for a 6 month contract based in London.
Job description - the role
As a C++ / C# Developer you will be responsible for:
- As a Developer, you will design and develop new pieces of software, to enhance existing software to provide new functionality requested by the business and to correct bugs. For the majority of projects Business Analysts provide specifications for the developers to work with.
- In the lead up to a major release, Developers are expected to get involved fixing regression bugs, maintaining the automated regression tests and with the regression testing of an allocated area of the system.
- Develop new enhancements as requested by the business (this could be from Front, Middle or Back Office). Enhancements can be in the form of new financial products, new booking methods, improving functionality, reacting to audit points, regulatory requirements etc.
- Maintenance - bug fixing, intra-day technical support and overnight 3rd line support.
- Deliver high quality technical solutions to the business.
- Staying abreast of new technical developments/ guidelines within the bank
- Researching and developing solutions that can be applied to Apex to improve our ability to deliver.
- Manage the workload of high level projects assigned to you.
- Monitor and ensure the quality of work of the team - Reviews of code, JIRAs and Change Requests.
- Track delivery dates of all work that you have committed to - Project planning, liaising with BA's, escalating issues/delays.
- Take ownership of functionality developed on a given project you have been allocated and take proactive measures when issues arise in production.
- Production support: Follow‐up and support on system production activity allocated to APS teams.
Candidate Profile: Key accountabilities, skills & experience
What we require from the candidate:
- C++ and C# (Visual Studio 2017/2019), .NET Framework / .NET Core in a Windows environment.
- STL and Boost.
- Oracle 12c/19c, SQL and stored procedures.
- FIS APEX Toolkit (former Sungard Martini).
- CppUnit for unit testing.
- Python and Robot for automated regression testing.
- Git, Bitbucket and SVN.
- Artifactory, TeamCity/BladeLogic, Jenkins/Ansible.
- XML / FiML / JSON / MQ (Messaging).
- REST API / gRPC / TCP/IP.
- Windows-based client and server infrastructure.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
This client will only accept workers operating via an Umbrella or PAYE engagement model.
AMS, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.