We are AMS. We are a global total workforce solutions firm; we enable organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) is one of our service offerings; we act as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provide professional interim and temporary resources.
Our investment banking client has been present in the UK for more than 150 years, they're a long-term partner to British business. Today, the Group is formed of 10 divisions and employs 9,300 staff based in 21 core locations right across the country. Their role is simply stated: help clients achieve their goals by combining local know-how and global reach. In so doing, they seek to make a positive, sustainable contribution to both the UK economy and society.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Business Project Manager for a 12 months contract based in London.
Purpose of the Role:
Global Markets - IT & Operations (GM ITO) is part of the value proposition of the business. DRIVE is at the heart of Global Markets (GM) and Asset/Liability Mgt & Treasury (ALMT), contributing to alignment between Front Office and Functions, playing the role of the end-to-end change lead for the GM / ALMT value chains.
Within DRIVE, the Project Implementation practice hosts the Project Leads for vertical (FrontOffice to accounting) or transversal (across several FO business lines or users groups or locations/entities) projects, covering both the study and implementation phases.
The DRIVE Project Implementation (DRIVE PI) covers GM and ALMT business lines globally.
As a Business Project Manager you will be responsible for:
- Clarify the objective, the scope, the dependencies, the major risks & issues.
- Ensure a clear business rationale is associated to the contemplated project (incl. high level ROI), identify benefits.
- Size roughly the effort required to design the solution & execute the projects.
- Identify contributors to be on-boarded for the study.
- Clearly state the business requirements, cost and time-frame of the project.
- Coordinate & challenge experts to put together a solution meeting the business requirements.
- Identify risk and dependencies that could jeopardize project execution.
- Establish the full financial of the project (cost, associated revenues or savings).
- Drive the execution of the roadmap.
The Project Lead is also accountable to ensure that solutions designed for the project fit with the principles and are validated by the relevant validation bodies:
- Overall IT architecture.
- Target Operating Model with clear mandate for each team.
- Strong controls framework.
- Simple and efficient working.
- Future evolution of the regulatory framework or anticipated business transformation.
What we require from the candidate:
- In-depth knowledge of Front Office to Finance processing chains logics.
- Good technical understanding of capital markets products.
- Experience in a Project Manager role.
- Strong track record in successful interactions with peers in a non-hierarchical framework.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication and reporting skills.
- Capacity to interact with senior members of the organisation.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Proven coaching capabilities.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
This client will only accept workers operating via an Umbrella or PAYE engagement model.
AMS, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business