Business Analyst Inside IR35
Contract Term: 6 months
Contracting Authority: Cabinet Office
Location: Hybrid - London/Bristol - 1 day per week in office
The Cabinet Office supports the Prime Minister and ensures the effective running of government. The Cabinet Office is also the corporate headquarters for the government, in partnership with HM Treasury, and takes the lead in certain critical policy areas. More information about the Cabinet Office can be found on its website.
As a Business Analyst, your main responsibilities would be:
- Identify, record and communicate complex business and user needs and processes to a range of audiences. This will include using a range of approaches such as user stories, process models, root cause analysis, use case maps and many others.
- Understand, map and document business processes and services, by understanding business and stakeholder requirements through requirement gathering techniques.
- Design and improve the business processes that underpin our digital services so that they are simple, standardised and (where possible) automated. This may also include creating effective assisted digital journeys for our users unable to use the online service.
- Help to ensure business requirements are fully understood by external suppliers and work with those suppliers to support delivery through planning, implementation and testing.
- Support procurement activities to ensure we select the best software and delivery partners, such as developing specifications and evaluating suppliers.
- Ensure our needs and requirements are fully understood by suppliers and work in partnership to deliver them.
- Backlog, story-writing, testing
- Work with product managers to develop and refine product backlogs, using evidence and data to inform their scope, value, and priority
- Support and carry out functional testing of completed user stories, ensuring services meet requirements and other internal standards, documenting and managing defects as they arise
- Your methods and deliverables will adhere to the Government Digital Standards (GDS) and public sector regulations including accessibility and security.
- Create acceptance criteria for user stories to ensure that any new features or products have robust and efficient testing so that they meet user and business needs. Work with quality assurance testers and the wider delivery team to test our services before releases and rollout.
You'll have relevant experience in:
- Business analysis - You can investigate problems and analyse options for new and existing services. You know how to provide recommendations to solutions. You can work with stakeholders to identify objectives, opportunities and potential benefits available.
- Application development lifecycle - including source code management, application build, test and deployment.
- Business improvement process - You know how to analyse current services and processes and can identify and implement opportunities to optimise these. You can help to evaluate and establish requirements using relevant techniques such as gap analysis.
- Business modelling - You can use a wide range of techniques to model situations confidently. You know how to gain the necessary agreement needed from subject matter experts and stakeholders, ensuring they review the results to fix any issues.
- Business process testing - You know how to report on system quality and collect metrics on test cases.
- Digital perspective - You can apply a digital understanding to your work. You can identify and implement solutions for assisted digital.
- Methods and tools - You can select and support the most appropriate tool or method.
- Requirements definition and management - You know how to source requirements. You can facilitate the setting of business priorities for change initiatives of medium complexity. You can manage and implement requests for changes to baseline requirements.
- Stakeholder relationship management - You know how to identify important stakeholders, tailoring communication to their needs, and work with teams to build relationships while also meeting user needs. You can take opposing views to reach consensus. You understand how to work with stakeholders and contribute to improving these relationships, using evidence to explain decisions made.
- Testing - (business analysis). You can review requirements, specifications and define test conditions. You can identify issues and risks associated with work while being able to analyse and report test activities and results.
If this role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click the link to apply or email .
"In applying for this role you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment, and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different."
Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not Overseas.