Azure Specialist Inside IR35
Contract Term: 3 months
Contracting Authority: BEIS - UKRI
As part of the Identity and Integration team, we will support you in your professional development to become a subject matter expert on Azure Active Directory, O365, Exchange Online and other email technologies. You will have the opportunity to get involved in ad-hoc investigations and technology change initiatives. These could include assessing and/or delivering new functionality or assisting in developing new services and transitioning them into their enduring support structure.
As an Azure Specialist, your main responsibilities would be:
* You will understand and support a range of email and identity services, ensuring they remain available, secure and modern.
* Working with colleagues, 3rd party suppliers and a diverse customer base to deliver and evolve services (inc. email, user management, authentication, enterprise application integrations), improving their usefulness to the business.
* Collaborating with the Security and Architecture teams to implement security controls in email, Azure AD and conditional access controls in O365.
* Maintaining expertise of how Exchange Online is evolving and how it fits into the wider O365 ecosystem.
* Maintaining expertise of how Azure Active Directory and associated identity and access services are evolving.
* Maintaining a high level of expertise in authentication mechanisms and directories, with a view of how we can optimise access to services and implement security controls.
* Leading technical change initiatives and contributing to projects.
You'll have relevant experience in:
* Technical knowledge and skills in a diverse range of IT areas with a focus on O365 administration, especially email configuration.
* Non-Microsoft Email services and technologies (Smarthosts; SMTP; DMARC; mail relays; DNS).
* Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
* Powershell and its use in managing Windows, O365 and Azure technologies.
* Federated authentication protocols and technologies (e.g. SAML, OpenID Connect, Shibboleth).
* Taking a problem or requirements specification and designing and implementing technical solutions.
* Working with delivery partners to drive value and performance improvements, delivering continuous improvement in a relevant IT field.
* Documentation and report writing skills to both technical and business audiences.
* Ability to adapt to changing priorities in an agile manner.
* Evidence-based decision making and following processes and policies; challenging where appropriate.
* Knowledge and experience in managing of O365 ecosystem beyond email.
* O365 conditional access.
* Manipulating data and automating processes.
* Device management using Intune.
* An understanding of service design principles
* Knowledge of ITIL framework (Incident, Problem, Change and Request processes).
If this role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click the link to apply and get in touch with .
"In applying for this role you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment, and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different."
Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not Overseas.