About the role
When things aren’t working as they should be, you’re the go-to person to get to the bottom of it. You have a keen eye for detail, and a great ability to evaluate how to make things work their best.
As an Assurance Lead, you’ll be planning and delivering a varied range of assurance activities. You'll critically look at the design and effectiveness of our processes and controls. You'll also provide recommendations on effective and efficient control frameworks and processes, employing best practices to support us in our focus on continuous improvement.
You’ll be joining a newly formed team, with some exciting projects on the horizon delving into hydrogen markets. On a typical day you could be working on a project across areas like engineering, trading, security, or financial audits – it’s an overused cliché, but truly no day is the same here.
A nice-to-have would be Process Safety expertise, though assurance and audit experience are the fundamentals.
What you can expect from us
• Annual performance bonus of up to 6% of your salary.
• 25 days holiday (increasing to 26 days following 2 years of employment) plus 8 statutory days - option available to buy extra holiday days.
• A generous pension scheme where we double match your contribution up to 6% (maximum Company contribution of 12%) of your salary each month i.e. for every £1 you contribute, we'll put another £2 (you can contribute more un-matched if you want to).
• You will also have access to several other flexible benefits such as a salary sacrifice car and technology schemes.
• Access to employee support, care and assistance helplines.
• Access to Employer Matched charity giving.
This is a hybrid role, with around 2 or 3 days in our Warwick office per week. I’m happy to chat about suitable arrangements around you, if required.
We are National Gas, including National Gas Transmission and National Gas Metering.
In February 2023 we became a standalone business, to maintain and own the Gas Infrastructure in the UK. But more than that, to develop and grow this infrastructure to set us up for a cleaner energy future. A future of Hydrogen.
It’s never been a more exciting time to work in Gas. Join us as we transition the UK and guide the rest of the world to cleaner sources of energy.
If this feels like the sort of opportunity for you, please don’t hesitate to apply today.
The closing date is 24th March 2023.
I’ll respond to every single application.