Job Title: Assistant Accountant
IR35 Status: Inside
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months
Pay rate: £13 per hour
Location: Hybrid office based in Manchester
Hours of work: 37.5 per week Monday - Friday 9am- 5pm
Acting on behalf of my client, I am recruiting a fantastic temporary opportunity within their Finance division.
- Produce weekly flash and period end petrol margin reports ensuring all transactions are correctly accounted for and that stock valuation is robust in order to provide the business with an informed view of Petrol margin performance.
- Produce weekly and period end wastage and leakage analysis, continually look for reporting improvements, and implement changes that will add value for customers and benefit working practices of the team.
- Provide financial analysis and support to Operations colleagues by understanding key issues and developing relevant ad hoc reports to improve business performance.
- Reconcile and process all wastage and freezer loss adjustments, liaising where necessary with operations so that errors are corrected within the relevant time period to ensure all relevant wastage is correctly captured in the Food Management Accounts.
- Develop both self and team to improve performance and meet business objectives. Ensure training is up to date in key reports / models & analytical tools. Actively assist line management in the training and development of management accounts team
- Responsible for period end accounts and weekly flash analysis for the petrol forecourts of the entire estate using data from numerous sources.
- Detailed wastage/leakage analysis of 2,800 stores.
- Requires a detailed grasp of underlying systems, processes and polices (operational/financial).
- Need to be able to communicate at all levels across financial and operational functions.
- Need to manage conflicting deadlines - ie; hit month end deadlines and produce ongoing analysis all at the same time
Experience, knowledge and skills:
- Advanced Excel skills
- Financial knowledge
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good listener.
- Experience of working in a similar environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Eye for detail.
- Solutions orientated.
- Delivers high quality of work.
- High level customer services.
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment business
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants. Ncoates
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.