We are AMS, a global total workforce solutions firm enabling organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim solutions and temporary resources.
Job description - the role
Our client, Deutsche Bank, is a global banking business with strong roots in Germany and operations in over 70 countries. Their large but focused footprint gives them an established position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. Deutsche Bank offer their clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services.
On behalf of Deutsche Bank, AMS are now looking for a AML QC Analyst to work in their Anti Financial Crime team based in Birmingham on a PAYE basis.
The AFC team is accountable for protecting Deutsche Bank from financial and reputational losses incurred by financial crimes, which is accomplished through assessing, controlling and mitigating risks.
The Financial Crime Operations Quality Control Analyst will primarily be responsible for supporting the Financial Crime Operations (FCO) team in implementing and executing a 'hands-on' sustainable QC process across the Bank's UK Transaction Monitoring department. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the implementation of a sustainable testing strategy within the FCO team, to evaluate the quality and accuracy of AML Alert and Case reviews which have been carried out by FCO investigators.
- The FCO Quality Control Analyst will perform a critical function that involves an internal checker role, to ensure high quality standards are maintained in strict adherence with Deutsche Bank's global and regional procedures for carrying out Anti-Money Laundering investigations.
- Review UK AML alert and cases for full adherence with the minimum standards set out in regional key operating procedures, and any applicable global requirements.
- The FCO Quality Control Analyst will assist in identifying problem areas and risks associated with processes and make recommendations to improve the quality of AML alert and case investigations; serve as a key support resource for delivering effective feedback and guidance to AML investigators.
- Operate in a team environment and have regular interactions with FCO, Business Line AFC, and the independent AFC Quality Assurance (QA) team.
- Ensure each QC review is completed timely and within quality expectations, including review conclusions that are clear, complete, and supported by the information in the file.
- The FCO Quality Control Analyst will recognise, document, and assess key risks, control environments, and applicable regulations and escalate critical issues to the Quality Control team head.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience with AML quality control and knowledge of Anti-Financial Crime investigation standards preferred.
- Operational knowledge of AML Transaction Monitoring lifecycle.
- Good knowledge of financial regulatory requirements and AML risk implication.
- Understanding one or more of the business areas of investment banking, corporate banking, trade finance, asset management, and / or wealth management.
About the client
Deutsche Bank's Values:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Please note that for the duration of this assignment you will be working as an external resource engaged by AMS based on site at Deutsche Bank.
AMS's payroll service is in partnership with Giant, we have worked with them for many years and have good processes in place to ensure you get the best service. If you are successful in your application for this role, your contract will be via Giant.