*Activities Coordinator Opportunity!*
As a leader in health care and support services for individuals throughout the UK, Voyage Care supports thousands of people with learning and physical disabilities, brain injuries, autism, epilepsy and complex needs. We operate over 400 care homes and 20 rehabilitation centres across the country and we provide specialist care and support to people at home and in the wider community…and we're growing every day!
We are seeking an Activities Coordinator to plan and develop Life Skills sessions that deliver meaningful and stimulating content for the individuals that live in our service.
Reporting to the Manager, you will work with the people within our service in order to meet their needs. Supporting the individuals to make use of community resources to enable community participation and promote social inclusion.
Working as part of a team, you will liaise with the Occupational Therapist / parents/carers and staff from other agencies and organisations to assess individual's strengths and developmental needs. You will also provide guidance to the support staff to implement Life Skill sessions.
We want to make Voyage Care a great place for you to work. A place where you feel truly valued and appreciated. That's why we've worked hard to develop a pay and benefits package, alongside fulfilling roles, to reward you for the amazing work you do. This includes perks, incentives and schemes designed to offer you a happy work-life balance.
These benefits include:
- Enhanced evening and weekend pay at an additional 50p per hour
- Premium overtime rates of an additional £1 per hour
- Pay increases between roles as part of our dedication to helping you reach your potential
- Employee discount app - offering discounts at leading retail stores and leisure attractions
- Funded Blue Light Card - hundreds of discounts at high street retailers and restaurants
- Enhanced family leave - so you can make the most of precious family moments
- Supporting your wellbeing through access to a free 24/7 external counselling service
- Access to external Wagestream app - allowing you to withdraw your pay as it's earnt
- Paid training, induction and DBS checks - teaching you all the skills you need
- Support for you to progress and develop by gaining funded qualifications
- Pension scheme and life assurance policy - offering security for you and your loved ones
- Long service awards - to reward loyalty and longevity with Voyage Care
- Refer a friend bonuses - earn money for referring hard-working people like you
You should be well educated, with excellent verbal communication skills, with an outgoing personality and the ability to prioritise your own workload. Experience of working in a similar role would be advantageous.
We ensure that the people we support reach their full potential - and of course we'll make sure that you reach yours.
So make a great career move. Come and join us in making all the difference. It begins with your application.
Click Apply to complete our one page application. All applications & CV's are reviewed on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check for Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
*Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act